Well, you likely turn to soda when a little caffeine is needed to turn up your energy a bit later in the day, especially when your morning coffee wears off. But, what are some of those other alternatives to coffee when you need caffeine? Even when you’re looking for something a little healthier to drink? You may need to wake up a little, but there may be a little bit more of a need to boost your energy while even turning down your caffeine intake just a bit.
A good suggestion to prepare your search for alternatives to coffee is to look for any flavor of “tea” that you like. Many of them are already naturally caffeinated and you can use them to make smoothies and healthy drinks. Additionally, many teas that are either caffeinated or not are also helpful to gain energy with the herbal supplements that are included in their mix as well and can add to your energy throughout the day.
Some of the most commonly recommended coffee alternatives for caffeine and energy boosts include the following:
- Matcha Tea comes from a green powder made of tea leaves ground up with many healthy supplements like amino acids and antioxidants in addition to caffeine.
- Green Tea is another tea that provides caffeine along with supplemental anti-inflammation and other antioxidants to add to your health.
- Yerba Mate Tea is another tea leaf that contains caffeine along with supplements like calcium and vitamins C and E.
- Kombucha is another direct coffee alternative that can be brewed, and while it may contain a bit less caffeine it also has nutrient supplements to support your health.
- Hot Cacao / Cocoa is often a hot drink helping to relax at night, though the cocoa bean is also a great energy supplement to be included in your morning drinks.
- Black Tea is another tea that can be strongly brewed to provide tasty caffeine drinks in the morning with a healthier beverage than coffee without the jitters.
- Chicory Root can also be roasted and ground just like the coffee then brewed while tasting like coffee though it’s caffeine-free. Even without the caffeine, it still has a strong source of fiber, inulin, and other benefits to help with digestion and provide energy.
It’s incredible to see all these types of coffee alternatives and various types of tea that offer caffeine substitutes and alternatives. You may have the choice to find an alternative drink to still find a healthier source of caffeine or maybe even find an energy source that could remove caffeine from your diet. Either way, there is much you can do to improve the health of your diet and reduce the effects of caffeine on you. So, there are many different drinks you can alternate and still increase your energy all throughout the day!